The Team Leader/Supervisor Apprenticeship is for someone who can take responsibility for managing a team or discrete project. They can support, manage and develop team members, manage projects, plan and monitor workloads and resources. They can take responsibility for delivering operational plans, resolving problems, and building relationships.
It is applicable to professional team leaders, first line managers and supervisors from all sectors - the private, public or third sector - and all sizes of organisation. It will typically take up to 18 months to complete, although the exact duration will be dependent on the previous experience.
How will I achieve the apprenticeship?
On going assessment of knowledge, skills and behaviour will take place in preparation for the final synoptic end point assessment.
The ongoing assessment will comprise of:
• Completion and achievement of a relevant Level 3 Diploma in Management
• Regular performance reviews between apprentice and line manager
• Development of a portfolio of evidence
• Feedback from line manager, peers and direct reports (including 180/360 degree feedback)
Synoptic End Point Assessment
The End Point Assessment will test the entire Standard, and be undertaken as follows:
• Assessment of knowledge through a test using scenarios, questions and responses
• Assessment of competency through competency based interview
• Assessment of portfolio of evidence
• Continuing Professional Development Log reviewed and professional discussion/question and answer session
The Independent Assessor will review the evidence for each apprentice and grade the apprentice on the following scale:
For apprentices without Maths and English at level 2 they will need to be achieved before the end point assessment.
Functional Skills at Level 2 in English, Maths and ICT
• These skills recognise and develop the skills needed to function in work, learning and life and involve you choosing and using your skills to solve problems you may experience.
Who is the Apprenticeship aimed at?
The Advanced Apprenticeship is ideal for supervisors or first line managers with responsibility for managing budgets, allocating work to team members and/or colleagues, achieving specific results and with some degree of decision making. This qualification is suitable for job roles in any sector that involve management and leadership responsibilities.
To be suitable for an Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Management with Busy Bees Training Academy:
• You need to be working as a supervisor or a first line manager
• You need to be able to commit to your training for a period of 21 months
• You need to be willing and able to access a Busy Bees training centre on occasions throughout your course to aid your learning
• You will need to be able to gain a satisfactory Data Barring Service (DBS) and provide satisfactory references