If you are currently working within the children and young people in a residential care environment and are looking to enhance and develop your skills then the level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare could be the next step for you. If you want to progress your career into management of a residential care home then we also offer the level 5 Diploma In Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare.
The Advanced Apprenticeship comprises of the following components:
Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare
This qualiﬁcation will develop the knowledge and skills needed when working with children and young people in a residential childcare setting, The qualification enables the learner to gain essential skills and knowledge to support children and young people in residential childcare settings, including: well-being and resilience, positive relationships and attachments, health and safety, sexual exploitation, communication, positive behaviour and positive outcomes.
Level 2 Functional Skill in ICT/ English and Maths
· This Functional Skill recognises and develops the skills needed to function in work, learning and life and involves you choosing and using your skills to solve problems you may experience.
Level 2 Award in Employment Responsibilities and Rights in Health, Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings
· This unit ensures you gain information about careers, contracts and legislation, along with employer and learner rights.
Paediatric First Aid
· This is a two-day (12 hour) training course, which gives you the knowledge and skills to be able to administer first aid to children and young people.
Level 2 Food Safety Certificate
· This is an on-line course and gives you understanding of food hygiene and food safety in the workplace.
Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
· This part of the framework comprises of six groups of skills, which are essential to success in work, learning and life. They develop your skills in managing yourself, managing relationships with others and managing your own learning, performance and work to enable you to enter work and adult life as a confident and capable individual.
The Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (England) has been announced by Government as part of the current reform of children's residential care.
This qualification will improve the quality of care provided to vulnerable children and young people in residential care by guiding and assessing the development of knowledge and skills and to confirm competence.
In line with the current Children's Homes and Looked After Children (Miscellaneous Amendments) (England) Regulations 2013, and the new The Children's Homes (England) Regulations 2015 from April 2015 new care workers will have two years from commencing the role to completing this qualification.
Those unqualified care workers who are already working in the sector will also be expected to achieve this qualification.
To be suitable for an Advanced Apprenticeship for the Children and Young People’s Workforce – Residential Childcare with Busy Bees Training Academy, you will need:
• To be at least 18 years old
• To commit to your training for a period of 21 months and have a long term commitment to working in the residential childcare sector
• To be able to gain a satisfactory Data Barring Service (DBS) and provide satisfactory references if you are not already employed in the sector