An operations/departmental manager is generally someone who is able to manage teams and/or projects, and has responsibility for planning, delivering and achieving departmental goals and objectives. They are accountable to a more senior manager, head of department or small business owner, and are responsible for the operational and/or policy delivery of the organisation’s strategy.
This apprenticeship has been designed to provide access to development opportunities for as wide a range of individuals as possible. This includes individuals who are at the start of their career and who wish to take their first steps into professional management, as well as those who may already have developed practical experience but who wish to develop their theoretical understanding of management skills.
How will I achieve the apprenticeship?
On going assessment of knowledge, skills and behaviour will take place in preparation for the final synoptic end point assessment.
The ongoing assessment will comprise of:
• Completion and achievement of a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management qualification
• Registration with a relevant professional body to provide access to management resources, wider networks, and CPD activities
• Regular performance reviews undertaken by a senior manager
• Development of a portfolio of evidence including reports, evidence of tasks undertaken, demonstrations, presentations, assignments, emails, observations*
• Undertaking a work based project typically during the last 6 months of the apprenticeship
• Feedback from line manager, direct reports, peers and customers/stakeholders through 360 degree feedback
Synoptic End Point Assessment
The End Point Assessment will test the entire Standard, and be undertaken as follows:
• Assessment of knowledge through a test using scenarios, questions and responses
• Assessment of competency through a structured competency based interview
• Assessment of portfolio of evidence
• Presentation on work based project with Question and Answer session
• Continuing Professional Development Log reviewed and professional discussion
The Independent Assessor will review the evidence for each apprentice and grade the apprentice on the following scale:
For apprentices without Maths and English at level 2 they will need to be achieved before the end point assessment.
To be suitable for a Higher Level Apprenticeship in Management with Busy Bees Training
• You need to be working as a workplace Manager or a Department Manager
• You need to be able to commit to your training for a period of 30 months
• You need to be willing and able to access a Busy Bees training centre on occasions throughout
your course to aid your learning